DCFS Social Worker 2


If you are in foster care you will have a Department of Children and Family Services (“DCFS”) social worker. They are often referred to as your CSW which stands for Children’s Social Worker.  Their job is to visit you once a month and have a discussion with you about your needs and how you are doing with your placement and at school. However, if you need to contact them more frequently you should call them. Your social worker will write periodic reports letting the court know how you are doing.

If you have problems, it is your social worker’s responsibility to help you find the resources to address the problems. Social workers are supposed to visit with you alone, if they do not, you have the right to request they do. Your social worker should give you their phone number. If you have trouble reaching them, call their supervisor; usually your CSW’s voicemail message will include the name and number of their supervisor. If you continue having difficulty reaching someone at DCFS, call your lawyer for help.