Education Rights Holder


If you are under 18, you have an ERH. This is the person who is legally authorized to make educational decisions for you such as  consent to special educational services and assessments. If your biological parents have not lost these rights through court order, they remain your ERH even if you are in foster care. If your parents are not able or available to be your ERH, the court will appoint another adult to be your ERH.  It is important for you to know who this person is in case there is an issue. Your attorney will be able to tell you who holds these rights for you.