A pimp is a person who benefits financially from another person performing sexual acts for money.
A pimp feels and acts like he/she has ownership of another human being and uses them to make money.
To understand if your boyfriend or girlfriend is acting as your pimp ask yourself:
1. Does he/she make you do things you don’t want to?
2. Is he/she controlling? Meaning do they tell you what to do and when to do it?
3. Does he/she keep you away from loved ones such as family and friends?
4. Does he/she put your best interests first?
5. Does he/she pressure you about money?
6. Does he/she make you have sex or do things you don’t want to for money?
7. Does he/she tell you he/she loves you but then hurts you physically or emotionally?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, your boyfriend or girlfriend may be a pimp.
You can get more in-depth information on how pimps trick you into selling yourself for them here.