If you have an open case in the delinquency court, you will be assigned a probation officer. Probation officers are responsible for supervising the completion of your terms of probation and reporting to the court on your progress. Ideally, they will assist you in finding the services you need to complete the terms of your probation, such as finding anger management classes, or requesting special education services or a tutor.

Your probation officer will make recommendations to the court about dismissing your case. It is important to always cooperate with your probation officer whenever they want to communicate or meet with you. Your probation officer must give you a way to contact them. If you have trouble reaching them, you should contact their supervisor or your public defender.